Saturday, October 10, 2020

Boracay At Dawn (My First Trip)

July 19, 2019

It’s almost 1:30 AM when our RORO reached the port of Caticlan. We left Bulalacao Port around 10:00 PM last night. Compared to the RORO ship we rode in Batangas Port, which has sleeping bunker beds, this RORO ship from FastCat only has seating area at the top most deck (Economy). Even though it’s not fully occupied, I can’t lie on the bench because it has “separators”.

IMG_3984

Cagban Jetty Port, Boracay Island

There’s a nearby 7-11 where I had a quick breakfast. The staff asked me a few questions as part of a survey. He asked where I came from and where am I headed to. I initially plan on tour the towns of Aklan but since I’m already in Caticlan, I might as well visit the world-famous Boracay Island even just for a few hours.

There are no boats in Caticlan Jetty Port that is heading to Boracay. I was advised that due to Habagat, the boats are in the nearby port of Tabon. It’s about a kilometer away from Caticlan according to Waze. I decided to walk towards Tabon Port. After the 6 months rehabilitation of Boracay, one of the changes they made in making a trip to Boracay is that you must show a proof of hotel accommodation. I used the Agoda app to find myself the cheapest hotel/inn in Boracay. I found one for a dormitory type (6 beds in 1 room, double-deck) for around P400 located in Station 2.

Since it’s before 6:00 AM, the price of the ferry doubled to P50/person. The environmental fee is P75 and terminal fee is P25. My co-passengers were mostly Korean (or Chinese). The boat trip was about 15 minutes to Boracay Jetty Port. There were e-Tricycles there, but I decided to hire a habal-habal for P100.

I was at the inn along Boracay-Bulabog Road around 4:00 AM. I toured the area and was able to visit Stations 1-2 before sunrise. All the establishments were already closed but I enjoyed the sight of the sea (the moon was bright). Sunrise side of Boracay is the Bulabog Beach where most of the fishing vessels are docked. I took some pictures of Boracay Sunrise along with some Koreans (or Chinese). After that I went back to Stations 1-2, Willy’s Rock and Boracay Church. I returned to Caticlan Port around 7:00 AM.

IMG_3980

Our ferry boat that took us from Caticlan Jetty Port to Boracay Island. There are a lot of foreigners on this trip

IMG_3982

 

IMG_3987

Cagban Jetty Port, Boracay Island

IMG_3988

Foreigners at the Cagban Jetty Port going to different parts of Boracay Island

IMG_3990

Prozza e-Trike station in Boracay Island

IMG_4004

Milky’s Water Sports, Boracay Island

IMG_4005

 

IMG_4008

 

IMG_4009

 

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

The rehabilitation/improvement of Boracay Circumferential Road is set to finish by December 30, 2019 with a budget of P46.5M

IMG_4016

VIP Foot Spa, Boracay Island

IMG_4017

Boracay Midway Bldg, Boracay Island

IMG_4018

Ministop, Boracay Island

IMG_4020

Boracay Wetland #4, Boracay Island

IMG_4021

McDonald’s Boracay near the famous D Mall Boracay

IMG_4023

There are a lot of Korean restaurants in Boracay Island

IMG_4028

Bantigue Travel & Tours, Boracay Island, Aklan Province

IMG_4029

 

IMG_4030

AT IZ Boracay Co. and M Lhuillier, Boracay Island, Aklan Province

IMG_4032

Feliz Hotel, Boracay Island, Aklan Province

IMG_4034

Happy Planet, Boracay Island, Aklan Province

IMG_4036

Hoy, Panga! Boracay Island, Aklan Province

IMG_4037

Boracay Uptown, Boracay Island, Aklan Province

IMG_4039

Epic, Boracay Island, Aklan

IMG_4043

 

IMG_4044

Station 1, Boracay Island

IMG_4046

 

IMG_4048

Station 1, Boracay Island

IMG_4049

Here are my other pictures of my Boracay Trip:

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Klook

Klook.com