Friday, October 9, 2020

My Aunt’s Birthplace: Naujan, Oriental Mindoro

In my blog post about my trip to Mindoro and Aklan (July 17-19, 2019), I mentioned that we went from JAM Liner station in Taft Avenue to Batangas City to catch a ferry to Oriental Mindoro. My brother and I were accompanying our balik-bayan aunt from the US to her birthplace in Naujan, Oriental Mindoro.

From Batangas Port, we took off at Calapan Port and rode a jeepney to Naujan, Oriental Mindoro. It’s one of those very rural places in the provinces that there are no malls, no big establishments and is simply a small town.

IMG_3524

 

The Poblacion area (town proper) is very small but there’s an impressive monument dedicated to Andres Bonifacio. The municipal hall of Naujan is very small it’s like a barangay hall in Pasig City. There’s a historic stone church in Brgy Bancuro, Naujan that I wanted to visit but we’re in a hurry.

Here's a bit of information about Naujan from their official website. I’m surprised that they didn’t include a history of the town.

Naujan is the largest municipality in the Province of Mindoro Oriental. With a total land area of approximately 52, 800 hectares, it is about 12% of the total land area of the province. Naujan has 70 barangays and 187 sitios of which eleven barangays are spread out into interior and possess untapped resources. The Poblacion is approximately 86.38 hectares with an urban population of almost three thousand inhabitants.

IMG_3527

 

IMG_3535

Wonderful monument dedicated to Andres Bonifacio and the heroes of the 1896 revolution located in Naujan Plaza, Oriental Mindoro.

IMG_3536

Municipal Hall of Naujan, Oriental Mindoro

IMG_3537

 

IMG_3540

Municipal Hall of Naujan, Oriental Mindoro

IMG_3542

 

IMG_3545

Technorati Tags:

Next time I have the chance to visit Naujan, Oriental Mindoro, I
will find time to visit the Tujod Fish Sanctuary.

Technorati Tags: ,

No comments:

Post a Comment

Klook

Klook.com