Tuesday, October 6, 2020

Urdaneta City, Pangasinan

In my 2 days trip to Pangasinan last August 30-31, 2019 Urdaneta City was my last destination (on day 1). I rode a bus from Manila to Dagupan City on the first trip of Solid North. I explored the main church of Dagupan City and surrounding areas before attending the wedding of my cowoker in Mangaldan, Pangasinan. In the afternoon, I headed to Manaoag, Pozorrubio, Binalonan, Laoac and finally Urdaneta City.

Urdaneta City is huge. It was almost evening when I arrived that’s why I only explored the main Catholic church (Cathedral of Our Lady of the Immaculate Conception) and it’s surrounding areas. I wasn’t able to visit the City Hall since it’s located far from the town proper. I find it difficult to find a place to stay here using my Agoda app. I ended up in one of the motels near the main highway.

Day 2

I woke up early and headed towards the bus terminal that will take me to Bolinao, Pangasinan. I took some shots of a park with a huge bull bas relief and their museum (which is still closed). I didn’t explore Urdaneta City that much since I felt it’s just one of those big cities.

Here's some quick information about Urdaneta City, taken from the Province of Pangasinan website:

Urdaneta was founded on January 8, 1858.  It was named after the famous aide of Magellan, Father Simon de Urdaneta, a soldier, navigator, cosmographer and evangelist.

Urdaneta became a city in 1997 by virtue of RA 8480.  It is the commercial
and education center of eastern Pangasinan.

MAYOR:   JULIO F. PARAYNO III

VICE MAYOR:   JIMMY D. PARAYNO

LAND AREA:   10,026 hectares

POPULATION:   132,940

NO. OF BARANGAYS:   34

CLASSIFICATION:   2nd class city

FIESTA:   December 1-8

PRODUCTS:    rice, vegetables, noodles

POINTS OF INTEREST:   Museo de Urdaneta, Cabaruan, Sugcong and Oltama Rolling Hills

Here’s the website of Urdaneta City.

IMG_4766

 

IMG_4768

 

IMG_4770

 

IMG_4772

 

IMG_4776

 

IMG_4786

 

IMG_4788

 

IMG_4790

 

IMG_4794

 

IMG_4797

 

IMG_4798

 

IMG_4800

 

IMG_4801

 

IMG_4806

 

IMG_4812

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Klook

Klook.com