Friday, October 9, 2020

The Sleepy Town of San Teodoro, Oriental Mindoro

When I travel, I try to visit every town along the jeepney route as much as possible. Between the Puerto Galera and Calapan City jeepney route, there’s the Tamaraw Falls and the sleepy town of San Teodoro. I dropped off at San Teodoro just to take some pictures.

IMG_3679

The San Teodoro Municipal Hall under construction. July 18, 2019

Whenever I visit the town, I always try to visit the main Catholic church, the municipal hall, Rizal’s monument, the marketplace and some ancestral houses. During my visit at San Teodoro, their municipal hall is being constructed (or renovated). I saw an old house with the signage “Post Office” – (I’m not sure if it’s really their post office) besides the market, which is smaller than Kenneth Talipapa in Pasig City.

Their main Roman Catholic church is dedicated to Our Lady of the Immaculate Conception.

According to PhilAtlas:

San Teodoro is a coastal municipality in the province of Oriental Mindoro.

The municipality has a land area of 341.00 square kilometers or 131.66 square miles which constitutes 8.05% of Oriental Mindoro's total area. Its population as determined by the 2015 Census was 17,904. This represented 2.12% of the total population of Oriental Mindoro province, or 0.60% of the overall population of the MIMAROPA region. Based on these figures, the population density is computed at 53 inhabitants per square kilometer or 136 inhabitants per square mile.

IMG_3680

Bangko Rural ng San Teodoro, Inc

IMG_3682

Post Office?

IMG_3683

San Teodoro Public Market

IMG_3684

Tricycles here are in great shape. Mostly made of stainless steel

IMG_3690

Too bad I visited on a Thursday so I was unable to see the interior of the church.

IMG_3691

 

IMG_3692

Immaculate Conception Parish, San Teodoro, Oriental Mindoro

IMG_3694

The jeepney conductor

No comments:

Post a Comment

Klook

Klook.com