Saturday, October 10, 2020

The Port Town of Roxas, Oriental Mindoro

July 18, 2019

I went back to the Pot of Gold monument at the National Highway and rode a van to Roxas town. It’s another quiet town but they have a Jollibee. I took a photo of the Sto Nino Church, which is a beautiful church, and some ancestral houses nearby. Some are being sold. There’s a Ceres Terminal near the public market and I was tempted to book a ticket to Cubao (I’m sure it will be another RORO ride at Calapan City to Batangas). I already went to the municipal hall where a statue of Rizal is located.

A staff approached me and asked if I’m doing a documentary. He said I should seek a permit. I told him I’m promoting the town on my blog – but if they want that, then I won’t take any more pictures. This is the first time that I was ever approached by a municipal staff and ask to get a permit (to take a picture of a public building). I guess there’s a political issue in this town.

Roxas has a port that offers RORO trip to Caticlan in Aklan (Panay Island). Since I had a bad experience with the customer service of Starlite Ferries (who won’t reply in time when asked about their trips), I decided to take a RORO at the next town of Bulalacao.

You can find the summary of my entire Trip to Mindoro and Aklan here.

IMG_3941

Roxas Municipal Hall, Oriental Mindoro

Here’s more information about the Port Town of Roxas from PhilAtlas:

Roxas is a coastal municipality in the province of Oriental Mindoro.

The municipality has a land area of 85.26 square kilometers or 32.92 square miles which constitutes 2.01% of Oriental Mindoro's total area. Its population as determined by the 2015 Census was 53,201. This represented 6.30% of the total population of Oriental Mindoro province, or 1.80% of the overall population of the MIMAROPA region. Based on these figures, the population density is computed at 624 inhabitants per square kilometer or 1,616 inhabitants per square mile.

IMG_3915

 

IMG_3916

A huge tree besides the Sto Nino Parish Church, Oriental Mindoro

IMG_3917

Interior shot of the Sto Nino Parish Church, Oriental Mindoro

IMG_3919

 

IMG_3925

Sto Nino Parish Church, Oriental Mindoro

IMG_3928

 

IMG_3929

Some old houses in Roxas, Oriental Mindoro

IMG_3932

Sto Nino Parish Church, Oriental Mindoro

IMG_3934

Some old houses in Roxas, Oriental Mindoro

IMG_3935

 

IMG_3936

 

IMG_3939

Roxas Gymnasium, Oriental Mindoro

IMG_3943

The statue of Jose Rizal in front of the Roxas Municipal Hall, Oriental Mindoro

IMG_3946

Roxas Public Market, Oriental Mindoro

IMG_3947

 

IMG_3948

Ceres Liner has a bus terminal in Roxas, Oriental Mindoro that would take you to Cubao, Quezon City via Calapan City through RORO to Batangas Port..

IMG_3903

Jollibee Roxs, Oriental Mindoro

IMG_3908

Occidental Mindoro Cooperative Bank, Magsaysay Street, Bagumbayan, Roxas, Oriental Mindoro

No comments:

Post a Comment

Klook

Klook.com